Friday, June 12, 2009

Mail is good...

Profound no doubt, but nonetheless true.

California Sportscards was today's sender as I received my order containing 5 of the 7 1974 Topps I needed to complete the set.

That as they say is not all however.

These gentlemen also joined the 74 Topps on their journey:

Juan here provides the pitching, and this one here provides the hitting and power:
Two more Hall of Famers leaves me as I stated in my last entry with only 2 cards remaining under #449. Needless to say the last phase of the set will probably consist entirely of the high numbers unless the Munson RC lingers.

Rounding out the package were 8 direct hits to my 1956 Topps set, bringing that set to nearly 65% completion, great progress indeed.

So with all that here is where we stand as pertains the overall count:

Cards in my Collection: 5,093

Total Cards needed: 17,936
Cards remaining to achieve goal: 12,843
Percentage Complete: 28.39%

15 more hits to the overall list moves the percentage another couple of decimal points and leaves me shy of 5100 total. It moves slowly, but progress is progress.

No comments: