Thursday, June 4, 2009

In the miracle to end all miracles....

I actually did a complete inventory and figured this whole numbers business out.

I wasn't planning on having it done so soon, but my intense annoyance at the whole thing spurred me on as no other motivator can.

So here ladies and gentlemen are the correctly updated totals as they stand on June 4, 2009:

Cards in my Collection: 5,074
Total Cards needed: 17,936
Cards remaining to achieve goal: 12,862
Percentage Complete: 28.28%

Not surprisingly I have surpassed the 5000 mark and am closing in on 5100.

In truth, I would probably have been past 6000 cards by now if I had given some more energy into my 70s sets, but that should change hopefully this summer. As it is I'm expecting 17 cards in the mail in and in particular the addition of a few more 1956 Topps stars which I will hopefully showcase once they do arrive.

That set in particular has made some pretty solid progress as it's well past the 60% completion mark. Another notable is the 1974 Topps set which will be one Pete Rose and one Mays 73' World Series card away from completion once the latest stuff gets here.

So there you go, things do still happen around here on occasion.

No comments: