Monday, June 15, 2009

Beginning of the week arrivals...

In a continuation of my recent group of pickups I received a group of 17 1956 Topps from ebay.

At this point I don't shoot for these group lots anymore as I have enough of the set that I almost invariably end up with more duplicates (and triplicates in some cases) than actual hits, but when you can win the thing for less than $1 a card, I simply cannot resist such pricing.

So the group while yielding the extras I expected did also garner me another 7 hits to the list and thus moves me to over 66% of the set. Highlights from the lot include a duplicate Herb Score RC (some decent trade bait I would suggest) and our buddy Johnny Podres:

No complaints from this end. Another Brooklyn Dodger, another decent hit for my set.

So with these additions this is where we stand at the beginning of this week:

Cards in my Collection: 5,100

Total Cards needed: 17,936
Cards remaining to achieve goal: 12,836
Percentage Complete: 28.43%

Don't you love it when you end up with nice round numbers like this? An even 5100 cards on the quest.

The next week and change should prove interesting as I have some nice stuff coming in, along with the exciting news as a set should be coming to its end soon.

No comments: