Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Rare mid-week update.

Normally I wouldn't bother updating in the middle of the week but since it's the end of the month and some unexpected packages came in just in time I thought it might not be a bad idea to include them in a final update for the month.

Four envelopes in total have come in this week. And as a whole they managed to contribute the final 1976 Topps card required for my set, 3 1960 Topps cards (including HOFer Eddie Matthews), 18 1961 Topps cards, a single 1968 Topps and 21 1974 Topps cards (effectively bringing me to 90% completion on the set).

As you can imagine such progress is helping to make short work of some of my sets. The total damage above is 44 more cards to my collections. As a result my totals at the end of the first month of 2007 stand as follows:

Cards in my Collection: 4,477
Total Cards needed: 17,936
Cards remaining to achieve goal: 13,459
Percentage Complete: 24.96%

I normally wouldn't bother with two decimal places, but I elected to in order to emphasize how close I came to reaching 25% this month. By my math I only needed 7 more cards, soo close, so very close.

Next month should be fun as I'm expecting a few star cards to bring my lists further down, including of course my 1956 Mantle.

No comments: