Friday, January 26, 2007

It's deja vu all over again...

Well, it would appear that the powers that be decided that last week ran smoothly and thus decided to do an encore for this week.

Mail delivery was just a trickle again, although the one envelope I received delivered a 1976 Topps Carl Yastrzemski. This card thus reduces my set to within one card of completion, a good turn of events indeed.

The fates compensated me for the lack of cards in hand by making the promise of future riches however, and as a result I was able to arrange for the delivery of the final card for the 1976 set, another hit for my 1975 set, several hits to the 1974 and 1970 set and this doesn't even count the most exciting item I'm expecting.

In a glorious turn of events I was able to have a chance to acquire the 1956 Topps Mickey Mantle for my set at a decent price point. This is of course an exciting development indeed as I'm always glad to add another Mantle to my quest, especially when it happens to be my favorite one.

Needless to say I'm looking forward to the next few mail deliveries as it should be a relative avalanche compared to my last two postings.

For the sake of continuity I shall post the latest numbers which are virtually unchanged:

Cards in my Collection: 4,433
Total Cards needed: 17,936
Cards remaining to achieve goal: 13,503
Percentage Complete: 24.7%

No comments: