Friday, March 16, 2007

Two weeks of updates...

It's been a fairly quiet two weeks to be honest.

In particular all the activity last week happened on Monday and it wasn't until this past Monday that anything else happened. In total the 14 business days combined to bring 13 new cards to my sets. Here's the recap and basic breakdown:

Monday the 5th brought 5 hits to my 1968 Topps set, including Harmon Killebrew, Carl Yastrzemski, Brooks Robinson, an RBI leaders card and another single.

This was followed on Monday the 12th with 7 hits to my 1956 Topps set from long time buddy and associate Ken Morganti. This particular envelope has actually brought me to within 9 of the half-way mark on the set.

The last hit of the week came on Wednesday the 14th in the form of this:

A 1968 Topps Willie Mays, making another solid addition to my 1968 Topps set. From a personal standpoint this also marks my first Willie Mays card, which is surprising given that I'm up to 4 Mantle's already.

So obviously you can see the most recent hits were divided pretty evenly between my 56' and 68' Topps sets. With these latest additions this is how my count stands at the moment:

Cards in my Collection: 4,686
Total Cards needed: 17,936
Cards remaining to achieve goal: 13,250
Percentage Complete: 26.12%

I'm not expecting things to get more active in the near future as most of the items I'm expecting have come in, but anything is possible.

Progress will hopefully continue of my main sets, although I am largely torn as to whether I want to continue pursuing the 68' Topps stars or if I want to start hunting down some groups of commons. I suppose I'll just take whatever I manage to find since that's what's been working so far.

No comments: